HOSTEL RULES :
The following rules will be followed by all male / female students residing in the hostel. Violation of these rules will make students liable for disciplinary action including expulsion from the hostel. The same rules shall apply to all the female students with modifications as indicated.
- A student must remember that the hostel is the home of the students on the campus, he/she should behave himself/herself on the campus as well as outside in such manner as to bring credit to him/her and to the institution.
- A student once admitted in the hostel continues to be a hostel inmate throughout the year. He/She has to pay the room rent for the full academic session. The amount will be forfeited if the inmate decides to leave the hostel mid-session.
- Every student should stay in the accommodation allotted to him/her by the Warden/Matron concerned. He / She will not be allowed to change the accommodation once allotted.
- A student should check the fittings in his/her room at the time of occupation. If there is any deficiency or inadequacy. it should be brought to the notice of the hostel staff. He/she shall be responsible for the fittings and shall see to it that they are in order at the time of handing over charge of the room when he/she leaves the hostel.
- Students will be personally and collectively responsible for any loss or damage to the hostel furniture or other fittings in all the common facilities and place in the hostel.
- It is advisable for the students to use mosquito nets, since malaria is endemic here.
- Cleanliness of the room is to be maintained by the student himself/herself.
- A student should not enter the rooms of others who are not in their rooms.
- All the students will remain present at the time of Roll Call.
- Use of personal electrical appliances like heaters, hotplates, etc, in the hostel rooms in prohibited.
- Students must not keep valuables in their rooms. Extra money must be deposited in the post office/savings bank account. They should lock their rooms properly when they go out for bath. etc.
- A student himself/herself is responsible for custody of all of his/her belongings. The Institute will not be responsible for any loss incurred due to his/her negligence or any other reason whatsoever.
- No one should use the belongings of other students without their consent.
- Employment of a private servant is not allowed in the hostel.
- No student is allowed to remain outside the hostel Premises after 10 p.m. (8.30 p.m. for female students).
- Students will carry their identity card all the time and produce the same whenever demanded by the authorities.
- Visitors are not permitted to stay in the boy’s hostels after 9 p.m. and in girls hostels after 8 p.m.
- Hostel Prefects are appointed to supervise and to maintain discipline. Every resident should cooperate with them in the discharge of their duties.
- Students shall not leave the hostel for out-of station visits without prior written permission of the Warden concerned. Absence from hostel without permission will be viewed seriously.
- A student shall not hand over the keys to his/her room to any other student / person except the warden/ matron of the hostel concerned.
- The Warden/matron or a member of institute staff nominated by the Director can inspect the room of any student at any time.
- Ragging is a symbol of immaturity; it is strictly prohibited. To eliminate such incidents, students of the first year are urged not to visit other hostels without their Warden’s permission.
- Students are not allowed to keep weapons including NANCHAKOO etc. in their possession in the hostel.
- Consumption of Liquor including beer, gutkha etc. and smoking are strictly prohibited in the hostel.
- Hostel students are not allowed to use motorized vehicles.
Hostel Fee :
1st : At the time of admission in hostel
2nd : 1 to 7 Oct
3rd : 1 to 7 Jan
Note : Fee will not return in any condition.